2018 Beach Book Festival Call for Entries.
NEW YORK _ The 2018 Beach Book Festival is now in its late registration period to its annual program spotlighting the hottest reads of the summer. All entries must be received by June 9, 2018 to be eligible for the competition.
The Beach Book Festival will consider major publisher, independent publisher and self-published non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children's books, young adult, how-to, science fiction, romance, poetry, spiritual, compilations/anthologies, photography/art, history, business, health-oriented and wild card books published on or after Jan. 1, 2016.
Our grand prize for the 2018 Beach Book Festival Author of the Year is $1000 and a flight to New York for our gala awards ceremony at the Algonquin Hotel, exact date TBD.
The Beach Book Festival will consider major publisher, independent publisher and self-published non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children's books, young adult, how-to, science fiction, romance, poetry, spiritual, compilations/anthologies, photography/art, history, business, health-oriented and wild card books published on or after Jan. 1, 2014.
Submitted works will be judged for general excellence, i.e., the potential of the work to be an engaging beach read this summer season.
Please classify your book and enter it in the following categories.Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
- children's books
- young adult
- science fiction
- wild card
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The Beach Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
1) Beach Book Author of the Year-Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
2) Beach Book Designer of the Year --- Honors outstanding and innovative design.
3) Beach Book Publisher of the Year-Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.
Beach Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
NOTIFICATION AND DEADLINES:
We will notify each entry of the receipt of their package via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site (http://beachbookfestival.com). Because of the anticipated high volume of entries, we can only respond to e-mail inquiries.
Regular registration deadline submissions in each category must be received by the close of business on June 9, 2018. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions.
Entry forms are available at www.beachbookfestival.com . Applications must be accompanied by an entry fee of of $75 in United States funds.
Entry fee checks should be made payable to JM Northern Media LLC. We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be delivered in person or by messenger services to the JM Northern Media offices.
Entry packages should include:
1) One copy of the book;
2) Your official entry form or a copy;
3) The entry fee or receipt for online payment;
4) Any marketing materials you wish to send. Marketing is used as a tie-breaking consideration by our judges.
Hard Copy Entries should be mailed to:
JM Northern Media LLC
attn: Beach Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893
E-book entries are welcome. You can enter an e-book in three ways:
- Send as a .pdf to our e-mail address labeled as “2018 E-book Entry” in the subject line. Please attach copies of your PayPal receipt and entry form to the email.
- Click here to use our “Book Uploader” to send a copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats. Then send an e-mail to us labeled as “2018 E-Book Entry” with PayPal receipt and entry form attached.
- Send an e-mail to us indicating that you’ve sent the book, attaching your PayPal receipt and entry form. We accept most e-book formats.