2014 Beach Book Festival Call for Entries.
The 2014 Beach Book Festival has issued a call for entries to its annual program spotlighting the hottest reads of the summer season.
The Beach Book Festival will consider major publisher, independent publisher and self-published non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children's books, young adult, how-to, science fiction, romance, poetry, spiritual, compilations/anthologies, photography/art, mystery, history, business, health-oriented and wild card books published on or after Jan. 1, 2010.
Our grand prize for the 2014 Beach Book Festival is a $500 appearance fee and a flight to New York for our June awards program.
Submitted works will be judged for general excellence, i.e., the potential of the work to be an engaging beach read this summer season. Submitted works will be judged for general excellence, i.e., the potential of the work to be an engaging beach read this summer season.
Please classify your book and enter it in the following categories.Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
- children's books
- young adult
- science fiction
- wild card
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The Beach Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
1) Beach Book Author of the Year-Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
2) Beach Book Designer of the Year --- Honors outstanding and innovative design.
3) Beach Book Publisher of the Year-Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.
Beach Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
NOTIFICATION AND DEADLINES:
We will notify each entry of the receipt of their package via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site (http://beachbookfestival.com). Because of the anticipated high volume of entries, we can only respond to e-mail inquiries.
Regular registration deadline submissions in each category must be received by the close of business June 1, 2014. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions.
Entry forms are available online at www.beachbookfestival.com or may be faxed/e-mailed to you. Please contact our office for fax requests. Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee of $50 in the form of a check, money order or PayPal online payment in U.S. dollars for each submission. Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
You can also enter the contest by phone by calling 323-665-8080 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Pacific time.
Entry fee checks should be made payable to JM Northern Media LLC. We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be delivered in person or by messenger services to the JM Northern Media offices.
Entry packages should include:
1) One copy of the book;
2) Your official entry form or a copy;
3) The entry fee or receipt for online payment;
4) Any marketing materials you wish to send. Marketing is used as a tie-breaking consideration by our judges.
Hard Copy Entries should be mailed to:
JM Northern Media LLC
attn: Beach Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893
E-book entries are welcome. You can enter an e-book in three ways:
- Send as a .pdf to our e-mail address labeled as “2014 E-book Entry” in the subject line. Please attach copies of your PayPal receipt and entry form to the email.
- Click here to use our “Book Uploader” to send a copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats. Then send an e-mail to us labeled as “2014 E-Book Entry” with PayPal receipt and entry form attached.
- Send an e-mail to us indicating that you’ve sent the book, attaching your PayPal receipt and entry form. We accept most e-book formats.
The Beach Book Festival selection committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project.
The 2014 Beach Book Festival is part of the JM Northern Media family of festivals, which includes the New York Book Festival, Hollywood Book Festival, London Book Festival and DIY Convention.